Entertainment Weekly recently spoken to Joseph Morgan on what’s going on between his character Klaus and Caroline.
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: HOPE FOR KLAROLINE?
I was so on board the Klaroline train, people — and AM on board — but with Klaus on his usual string of bad behavior, am I the only one feeling like it’s looking less and less likely that this pairing will ever get a chance to play out? Probably not. But Joseph Morgan recently gave me a reason to turn my fan-frown upside down.
When EW recently hit the set of The Vampire Diaries in Atlanta, Morgan said in the first few episode of this season, fans will definitely see a little bit more between these two. “We’ll certainly see their relationship — but I don’t mean relationship in the sense that they’re dating — but we’ll certainly see the dynamic between them develop,” he says.
How? He wouldn’t say. Though he said he relishes the opportunity to show new shades of Klaus. “[The Klaus/Caroline storyline] brings out Klaus’ humanity. I love playing the more charming side of him and the scenes with Caroline really allow me to do that,” he says. “So I hope he has a shot with her. I think everyone deserves love and a second chance.”
If/When his chance comes, however, it will be easier said than done. “I wonder how much of a compromise he’d have to make in order for her to come around to him and whether he will be able to make that compromise,” says Morgan.
Zap2it previews episode 4.03 “The Rager” and future episodes.
1. A Stelena motorcycle ride. In this week’s episode, titled “The Rager,” Stefan takes Elena on a “thrilling” trip to show her that life as a vampire can still be fun. They may be immortal, but they still wear helmets. We don’t get it, either. In the same episode, we’ll see Damon teaming up with Meredith and (gasp!) Klaus, while Rebekah tries to rekindle her flirtation with Matt (and gets her claws into our newest ingenue, April).
2. A Delena keg party. As we previously reported, Damon and Elena will attend a frat party in which party-goers are expected to dress as their favorite murderers and murder victims. All the fake blood and booze-addled youths will give Damon the perfect opportunity to teach Elena a little something about choosing a victim. Suffice to say, Stefan won’t exactly approve of these methods… but Elena sure will have a good time. (From what we’re hearing about this episode, which airs Nov. 1… so will all you Delena fans on Tumblr.)
3. Flashback time! Klaus will tell Stefan about a powerful group of vampire hunters that he and his family (including our fave MIA Original, Elijah!) encountered back in the 12th century. We’ll meet Alexander (pictured), and when you find out how his story collides with Rebekah’s — and how he relates to some current threats in Mystic Falls — you’re in for quite a surprise. (Also, Joseph Morgan tells us that Klaus’ flashback hair for this episode was inspired by “Supernatural’s” Jared Padalecki. He was joking, but it’s still pretty accurate.)
4. Seeing things. In the Nov. 15 episode, “We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes,” Elena — who is still struggling to come to terms with her transformation — will experience terrifying hallucinations, which cause her to make “a dangerous mistake.” Could we be any more vague? Nope. Look for some major you-know-what to go down between Stefan and Elena in this episode.
5. At least one breakup. Before the show goes on its brief Thanksgiving hiatus, one couple will be seriously on the outs. All good things must come to an end, right?
TV Guide has the scoop on Phoebe Tonkin‘s character Hayley and Forwood shippers can breathe a sigh of relief.
Is Phoebe Tonkin going to get between my favorite Vampire Diaries couple, Tyler and Caroline? — Jonah
NATALIE: Fortunately for Team Forwood fans, Tonkin’s character Haley has much more on her mind than hooking up with her old friend Tyler. “Haley isn’t there to do anything bad or mess up anyone’s relationship,” Tonkin tells us. “Haley’s a tomboy; she just likes hanging out with the guys!” So what is she coming to town for then? Adds Tonkin, “She’s trying to find out some things about her past and there are people in Mystic Falls holding onto that information that she wants.” Considering she’s a fellow werewolf, those people better watch out!
Source: TV Guide