Celebuzz scoop on what to expect on tonight’s episode 4×05 “The Killer”.
Executive producer Julie Plec explained to reporters at a screening of the episode, “Here’s the thing, we like to do this every now and then… what we like to do is introduce a trope that you sort of think you know where it’s going and everyone gets all up in arms because ‘Oh here comes the slutty little vixen in the show and Tyler’s a cheater and that’s how they’re going to break up [Tyler and] Caroline to get Caroline to Klaus [Joseph Morgan] … and then we like to basically be like that’s not at all what we’re doing.”
1. Elena (Nina Dobrev) is a doer. A lot of the times when the action goes down in Mystic Falls, Elena is on the outskirts or the one needing to be saved. On “The Killer,” this is far from the truth. Episode writer Michael Narducci told us that he wrote it wanting her to do more things.
“I do not want her to not be a damsel in distress. I want her to go and protect her brother,” he said. “If both Jeremy and Matt’s lives are at stake, what’s Elena gong to do? Is she going to want for all these other people to get involved and save everyone for her or will she get involved and do something?”
2. Moments for both Delena and Stelena fans. Both Delena and Stelena get moments that should make their fandoms happy or at least give them strong feelings about them during the scenes. There are kisses and beds involved, but we’re not telling you which scene involved what and who each is with.
3. Major Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) goodness. There is more than just one scene between the Salvatore brothers that is amazing on “The Killer.” From the preview The CW released, you already know the two have a difference of opinion in the plan to take down Connor but things go pretty far between them and it is fantastic to watch.
5. Some “witch therapy.” Bonnie (Kat Graham) spends the entire episode with Professor Shane (David Alpay) learning how to confront her guilt and fear and use magic again. But as we know from last week, the Professor isn’t exactly who he says he is and has a hidden agenda and reason to protect Bonnie.
6. Connor is hungry for information. “From what I understand,” says Williams, “Connor is in a way a victim of his tattoo. People assume that’s all that Connor wants to do is kill vampires and that he derives some kind of pleasure out of it but it’s quite the opposite, he’s a very tortured man.”
He continues: “He has a lot of questions and he didn’t know his origins or his background. He’s on a search for so many things, That there’s a level of desperation that you could see, because he was like, ‘I just want to know. I want everything that I’ve done to be worth it. This tattoo – he’s not able to be compelled by vampires but it kind of compels him to do what he does.”
Read more spoilers here